Armenian National Academy of Opera & Ballet "Alexander Spendiaryan"
The building was first opened in 1933. In 1963 the big hall of the philharmonic society was added. The building in its present condition appeared after the reconstruction of 1980. In 2012 Waagner-Biro got the award for the complete renovation of the upper and lower stage machinery, fire curtains and for the complete stage flooring.
The new upper stage machinery includes 52 fly bar hoists, panorama hoists, point hoists as well as curtains and security equipment. In the lower stage the drive technology of 9 lifting platforms, 3 cloth store elevators as well as the orchestra pit have been renovated. The whole machinery is controlled by a new CAT V4 computer control system.
The Armenian National Academy of Opera & Ballet "Alexander Spendiaryan" is one of the outstanding landmarks of the country. Located in the heart of Yerevan it was designed by the architect Alexander Tamanian who connected two auditoriums in a uniform semicircular building in unusual manner.
Facts & Figures
- Business area
- Stage Systems
- Project Type
- Ministry of Culture